Monday, February 20, 2012

5.9 Fish Farming

5.9 explain the methods which are used to farm large numbers of fish to provide a source of protein, including maintenance of water quality, control of intra-specific and inter-specific predation, control of disease, removal of waste products, quality and frequency of feeding and the use of selective breeding.


Why fish are attractive to farmers:
1. Low fat, High protein
2. Efficient at turning nutrients into fish mass


Advantages:
They can control quality of the water (clean)
They can control predators
They can reduce pests and disease


This contributes to an increase in yield of fish.


High density of fish could cause high transmition in disease 


Some farmers use antibiotics because of this (bad for human health)
Pesticides are also a cause of concern 

1 comment:

  1. I hope everyone is doing well. I have some news to share today....In the next week I am moving to NOLA and hoping this new journey will put me back into the attitude that change is good. So much to do and not enough time to do it. I am so thankful for all of the wonderful people in my life (including Pedro Jerome) a loan lender that support me at all times I am excited and also worried my life has been such a downer for so long that getting out of it has been hard but I do really feel that this change is going to be the best thing I need right now and I have hopes that all good things do come to those that wait.
    I'm thanking a loan lender who helped me with a loan of 1 millions dollars to boost up my business once again at the rate of 2% annual return which is so wonderful and I would like anyone stuck in financial situation to reach out on Pedro the loan lender on pedroloanss@gmail.com for a loan assistance.
    So please keep me in your thoughts and thanks to this blog I can at least keep in contact with all of you.

    ReplyDelete